HeartBrand® Cattle Buyback Program
How It Works
- Cattle must be DNA-verified to a registered Akaushi parent — we do not require parentage from the HeartBrand Cattle herd.
- You must verify DNA of buyback program cattle with the American Akaushi Association.
- We buy non-hormone treated Akaushi calves, yearlings or fat cattle of all ages.
- We’ll buy your cattle at a premium, reimburse you for their DNA verification, and provide high-value carcass insights you can apply to herd management.
- If you opt not to finish your cattle, we’ll send you a bid to buy them based on like-weight, like-type cattle. We’ll pay reasonable freight costs to ship the cattle to our feeding facility.
Participating in the buyback program is not a requirement when purchasing genetics or live animals from HeartBrand Cattle.
How You Benefit
This is a win-win decision. We get the beef we need, and you benefit by receiving a premium, above-market price from a reputable buyer.
HeartBrand Cattle is the nation’s largest branded Akaushi beef program and one of the largest overall private beef programs. You won’t find a more reliable and reputable buyer than HeartBrand Cattle — we consistently rank as a top 25 seedstock operation.