How It Works HeartBrand Cattle’s Buyback Program
Demand for Certified Akaushi Beef™ is booming! As more U.S. consumers ask for and purchase our premium beef, we need more producers to participate in our cattle buyback program. Working together, we can ensure supply keeps up with demand and strengthens the Akaushi industry for all of us.
How you benefit
This is a win-win decision. We get the beef we need, and you benefit by receiving:
- A premium, above-market price from a reputable buyer.
- DNA verification costs reimbursed by HeartBrand Cattle.
- High-value carcass reports and data emailed directly to you.
HeartBrand Beef is the nation’s largest branded Akaushi beef program and one of the largest overall private beef programs. You won’t find a more reliable and reputable buyer than HeartBrand.
Details about the buyback program:
- Cattle must be DNA-verified to a registered Akaushi parent (we do not require parentage from the HeartBrand Cattle herd). You can verify DNA of buyback program cattle with the American Akaushi Association (we’ll reimburse your fees).
- We buy all-natural (non-hormone treated) Akaushi calves, yearlings or fat cattle of all ages.
- If you opt not to finish your cattle, we’ll send you a bid to buy them based on like-weight, like-type cattle. We’ll pay reasonable freight costs to ship the cattle to our feeding facility.
- You’ll receive valuable carcass information, comparing your animals to over 200 peers harvested at the same time. The easy-to-read spreadsheets are a beneficial management tool allowing you to cull weaker performing cows from your herd and improve the breed, keeping our impressive stat of less than 1% select grade for all Akaushi beef.
- Participating in the buyback program is not a requirement when purchasing genetics or live animals from HeartBrand Cattle.
Let’s work together to give U.S. consumers the high-quality beef they crave and keep improving the American Akaushi breed!
To negotiate a contract with HeartBrand Cattle or to learn more about the buyback program, please contact us at the ranch.